God is doing great things in and around our lives, and last year was a tremendous journey with Him. We are excited to see what future holds for us, because we know that our future is in His hands.
Time goes by very fast, and as of today we have one more month left before we go to Ukraine. Yes it is true. We are aware of the political struggles and war that is going on in Donbass region of Ukraine. Nevertheless, God is in control, He is leading us and we are following His lead.
Allow me to give you a run through of the things that have happened in our lives
● The house that we rented for the past 5-6 years has been sold and we have to move out.
● I have resigned from my job and yesterday was my last day
● We have “purchased” our tickets. God blessed us in special way. A friend of ours gave us his mileage plan to cover the cost of the tickets. We paid less than $500 for all six of them.
● We are flying out to Ukraine on July 24, 2014.
● We bought suitcases, all 18 of them.
Couple of other things that we need to do before we go.
● We are waiting for Zhanna’s visa for Ukraine, please pray about that.
● We are hosting fundraiser dinner on July 19. You are invited, (more information on that later)
● We are in the packing mode like never before. In the next two three weeks we need to pack our car and our trailer to send over to Ukraine.
● We need to sell tons of things. There will be a huge moving sale in our future. You are invited.
● We still need to raise lots of support for our ministry, please join us in prayer and if God leads you to support us please do so by following this link.
Why are we doing this?
We want to bring glory to God through everything. Many friends advised us not to go now, and wait for another year, or at least until the fighting in Ukraine stops. I agree that their advice sounds logical, maybe even smart. I’ve thought about it more than anyone I know, and God again and again showed us that this is His timing.
As I was preparing my sermon for a father’s day on the story of Eli from 1st Samuel, God showed up in magnificent way. When look at the beginning of Samuel’s ministry we, often, miss the context of what was going on in Israel at that time. Here’s the context: Israel lost a battle and lost 34 thousand men. They also lost an Ark of the Covenant and their leader, who led them for the past 40 years. Needles to say, the struggling economy, the brokenness and the destruction of the land was paramount.
But here is the bottom line. When God calls you to do something you do it, and you leave it to Him to provide the results and to sustain you. Your obedience is on you though. Samuel obeyed. So are we. Our hope is that through this small thing that God does in our lives, you can be encouraged to do something great for His Glory.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
Together we can change this world, one soul at a time. Please help us to build up our prayer support, pass this on to those people, who would love to pray for our ministry. If you got this message forwarded to you, please sign up to receive updates from us by following this link.
God bless you.